Monday, September 22, 2014

Best (Almost) Everyday Beauty Products


 These are some of my favorite beauty products that I use just about every day.  Some are new, some are classics, but they’re all great!  All of these products can be purchased at Sephora, except for the MAC powder, which is found at MAC Cosmetics stores and in some Macy’s.

1.     MAC Pressed Blot Powder- This lightweight pressed powder is medium coverage, buildable and mattifying.  I used to use it a few years ago as an all over product, either as a light layer over foundation or just on its own, but now I use it only on spots that need a little extra coverage.  It’s great both ways, as it can set your foundation if you use it all over or it can set concealer when applied just on blemishes.
2.     MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder- This is a loose translucent powder.  It.  Is.  Amazing.  It completely soaks up excess oil (though too much can make you skin flaky!) and sets foundation and concealer so they last much longer.  I keep a mini size in my bag to use throughout the day.  For medium to darker skin tones this can create a slightly strange tint, however I think a smaller amount of the product, well-blended, can still look great.
3.     Bobbi Brown Corrector- This is a creamy, concealer-like product that goes on under eye circles.  It’s essentially like a green concealer for blemishes, but the yellow undertones in the corrector are perfect for canceling out the purple color under your eyes.  A little bit goes a long way, and with a small amount of regular concealer on top you’ll look well rested!
4.     NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- This is by far the best concealer I’ve ever used.  Just as the name says, it’s really creamy and blends flawlessly.  Just a small amount gives great coverage.  It conceals blemishes, redness, dark spots like hyperpigmentation, and under eye circles all perfectly!  It lasts all day even with my oily skin.
5.     Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- This palette has 6 great, natural color eye shadows.  It’s perfect for everyday daytime looks.  You can create nighttime looks too, however I feel the colors are more suited to a natural look.  (Other Naked palettes are great for night, though!)  I use the color W.O.S as a base color for looks that I create even with other palettes.
6.     NARS Eyeliner Stylo- This eyeliner is a felt-tip marker liquid liner.  I have black.  It goes on smoothly and dries quickly, but not before you can fix any small mistakes.  It is similar to the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, however I’ve found that the Stila is very watery and I much prefer the NARS formula.
7.     Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade- I’ve written about this product already, but I had to include it in this post because it’s amazing and I use it every day!  It lasts all day long without smudging or fading, even in the rain. (Really!)

8.     Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve- This product is as moisturizing as Vaseline but smells exactly like roses.  It feels luxurious when you apply it right before bed and it keeps your lips moisturized until morning.  Plus, it’s a fraction of the price of the Dior version!

~ Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment