Sunday, August 3, 2014

Better Brows





So the new collection of colors for Anastasia’s DipbrowPomade brow gel was just released (meaning that now girls with brows that aren’t dark, dark brown or bright blonde can try it out, yay!), so I thought I’d check the product out.  The brow gel is just like gel eyeliner, even packaged in a small glass jar like the popular Stila Smudge Pots.  It’s described as a “smudge-free, waterproof pomade formula”, perfect for oily skin (so, perfect for me).

Before this product, I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills BrowPowder Duo, which I loved, except it would get a chalky look and run off when in contact with rain or after a long time wearing it (so, rainy days and long days with my oily skin were not ideal).  The Dipbrow Pomade is much easier to apply than the powder brow color, as it goes on smoother and actually reaches your skin with the first swipe, rather than sitting on top of brow hair.  It didn’t seem to smudge at all when going back over and smoothing out harsh lines, but mistakes were easily removed with just my nail.  After a full day of wearing the gel brow color it stayed on well, no need for touch-ups. 



I purchased the Dipbrow Pomade in soft brown, though I wore the Powder Duo in medium brown (I noticed the gel versions seem to be a bit darker than their powder counterparts, so if you are switching over from the powder to the gel without checking them out in person first, I suggest going at least a shade lighter).  I like the soft brown, but I may have been able to wear the taupe as well, or a combination of the two colors.  (Remember, for any brow product, if you have brown eyebrows, pick a brow color 3 shades lighter than your brow hair, and for blonde brows, pick a color 2 shades darker.)  I used a MAC 266 eyeliner brush to apply the product (as I already had this brush), but there is a brush made by Anastasia with a spooley on the end for brow product application.  It took hardly any product to outline and fill both of my brows, so I think this product should last for quite a while and it is well worth the money.


~ Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment