Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Simple Workout Routine

Since last week was Thanksgiving, I wanted to give you guys a simple routine that you can start now to work off the calories from last week’s dinner.

Light Lifting:

Everything in this workout is two sets for a given amount of reps. I start off with six pound weights. Feel free to tweak this to your fitness level. If you do not know how to do these types of exercise, please look up how to do them properly so you won’t hurt yourself.

Bicep curls: I start off with 8 per arm.
Lateral raises: 8 per rep
Standing shoulder presses: 8 per rep
Flat chest presses: 8 per rep
Squats: 12 per rep
Lunges: 8 per leg per rep
Over-head tricep extensions: 8 per arm per rep
Single arm rows: 8 per arm per rep
Push-ups: 8 per rep
Sit-ups: 15 per rep
30 second planks three times
30 second burpees three times

To start this exercise, stretch and warm up by jogging. After each rep run for one minute to continue burning more calories. You will sweat but this only takes 20 minutes to complete. I recommend doing these two to three times per week.

Cardio:

I like to change up my cardio every other day so that I won’t get bored.

If you have a cycle, start off by biking for 20 minutes twice per week.

Then I like to do a cardio video three times per week. Use any one that is fun and not something that is too difficult at first. Find a video that is approximately 25 minutes long. I recommend buying a really cheap workout video from Amazon or look on Youtube. My favorite channels from Youtube are blogilates and fitness blender. They have amazing work outs that will definitely make you sweat! These channels have easy and harder videos and are always fun.

Yoga:

I like to use yoga to help me unwind and stretch out my muscles after doing a workout. Yoga is super relaxing and I find doing it makes me stress free. The amazing thing about it is that you can do it whatever time is convenient for you, like morning, afternoon, or just before bed. I really recommend it before bed, especially because it helps you wind down after a long day. A yoga program should last approximately 20 minutes. 

Another great thing about yoga is that it can be done every day. For yoga, I use Youtube and yogadownload.com to find free classes and those tailored for specific needs. On Youtube, my favorite channels for yoga are Yoga with Adrienne (she also has her own site that has even more classes to choose from) and Do You Yoga’s 30 day yoga challenge.  

Doing these simple workouts can start getting you on track for an exercise routine.

~Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment