Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer Review

The new Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer is a product that claims to actually shrink your pores.  Not just to blur their appearance and make them look smaller, but actually shrink them.  So naturally I had to try it out.

I use this product at night right before bed.  First I wash off my makeup then I wash my face with my Clarisonic.  I leave my face and hands wet (with warm water) then gently massage in one pump of the product.  There is no specified time on the bottle to keep massaging the product into your skin, so I just wait for all of the dark gray gel to turn into a blue-white foam lather, then I rinse it off with warm water.  I immediately apply moisturizer after. 

This product claims it will make your pores smaller after only one use and will clean out dirt, oil and impurities.  I’ve only used it twice so far (it’s recommended 2-3 times/week), but I will continue use and update.  I instantly see a difference in the size of some pores, mainly right around my nose and near my undereye area, and right in the center of my nose.  The next morning they still seem a bit smaller, but throughout the day and in the following days they seem to be back to their normal size.  (However, this may improve with continued use.)  I also notice that the day after, my skin is just a bit less oily, but this does not persist either.

The gel has a nice scent, fresh and a bit fruity but not overwhelming.  It’s a little strong, but not offensive, and the scent does not last into the next day.  It definitely has a drying effect on my skin, which is why the application of moisturizer immediately after use is a good idea.  It also causes some temporary redness for me right after use, however the dryness and redness are gone the next morning.

Overall, I’m excited about the Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer and can’t wait to see if it really does what it claims to do!  At the very least, it’s a good way to get a deep clean a couple times a week.


~Alyssa 

2 comments:

  1. It's been six months since you've posted this...are you still using the product? If so, how are your results now? I'm interested in trying the product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marnita! I still use it on and off, particularly when I want a deeper clean. It's very refreshing. However, too much use can irritate my skin (it's sensitive, so if you have sensitive skin I'd go easy on it) and dry it out just a bit. I tend to use it once a week or so now. It doesn't cause any permanent pore shrinkage, but it does soften the look of larger pores for about a day! Hope that helps!

      Delete