Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Favorite Healthy Living Apps

For this Christmas I was finally given a tablet and it is amazing! I thought that I would share my favorite free fitness and diet apps that you can use to help keep your healthy living goals on track. 

-My Diet Coach: This app is definitely one of my favorites. It can help you make and reach goals, and take pictures to help you see your progress. It can even remind you to exercise and help you meet the challenges you make each week. These challenges can be custom made; like, for example, I have one that rewards me with points when I don’t eat chocolate for the day. This app will also help you with tips on avoiding cravings and sharing quotes to help you stay motivated. 

-myfitnesspal: This is my favorite diet diary system that I use daily to count calories and mark down the exercise I do every day. It is pretty easy to use and with smartphones/tablets you can scan barcodes to help you know exactly what you are eating. 

-Free exercise apps: I have found free exercises that will target your abs, thighs, glutes, and arms in a really quick workout!  (Try Daily Workouts FREE.) There are also free cardio and yoga apps (search "free [insert exercise] app" and The 7 Minute Workout). Most of these exercises can be completed in about 5 minutes and they really kick your butt. Also, after doing them a few times your device will remind you that it is exercise time.

Yes, technology can be your friend when you are trying to get fit!

~Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment