Friday, April 24, 2015

Garnier Fructis Root Amp Mousse Review


The new Garnier Fructis Full & Plush Root Amp Root Lifting Spray Mousse is a mousse that you spray directly on your hair, promising precision and lots of volume.  I tried it out!

I started out by washing my hair as usual (I don’t use any volumizing products regularly) and letting my hair air dry for just a little while.  (Long enough for me to do my makeup and pick out an outfit ;-) )  Then I applied a heat protectant all over and parted my hair down the middle.  The mousse says to section your hair multiple times and spray the product onto your roots from 4-6 inches away, and then work it in all over the head.  I sprayed it onto about six sections overall.

The first thing I noticed is that the spray splatters quite a bit.  It isn’t nearly as precise as it claims to be, and I’m not sure the spray aspect of this product is a huge improvement over the application of traditional mousse.  It also doesn’t come out evenly; I had a few huge clumps of mousse then a few small, more liquid-y spots.

The mousse smells nice, slightly fruity but not overwhelming.  (I didn’t notice the scent in my hair later on.)  I also noticed this product isn’t as sticky as many other volumizing products I’ve tried, which is great.

After working in the mousse I roughly blow-dried my hair, without a brush.  (First with my hair flipped upside down for a couple minutes, then with all my hair pushed to one side then the other, focusing on the roots.  Then I just used my fingers to finish a rough blow-dry for the rest of my hair.)

As soon as I had applied the mousse in my damp hair I noticed it became crunchy.  This lasted throughout the process of drying it; however, one dry I was able to comb through my roots, which softened them without losing volume!  Immediately after drying my hair there was a noticeable amount of volume I don’t normally have, but nothing too crazy.  I finished by curling my hair with a large curling iron and adding some hairspray.

The volume fell slightly but pretty much lasted all day!  (It definitely never went flat, even when faced with a ton of wind.)  I never experienced any greasiness or oiliness at my roots.  My hair was very light and had a bounce that I don’t usually experience with other volumizers.

Overall I like this product!  It’s volumizing without weighing the hair down or making it greasy, the hair is soft to the touch (if you brush the roots out), and the roots stay lifted all day.  I’d recommend it!

~Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment