Friday, July 17, 2015

Temporary Pink Hair (Bleach London Rosé)


I decided to mix up my hair a little and do something different, but I didn’t want to commit to anything permanent or anything that would cause any real damage or change.  So, I tried the Bleach London Rosé Super Cool Colour Non-Permanent Hair Colour from Bleach Worldwide!


This product comes in tons of really fun colors (I definitely have to try Blullini next!), but I started out with Rosé, of course.  It’s meant to go over bleached hair but works on multiple shades of blonde.  (The color will come out a different shade on slightly darker hair.)  As I said above, I didn’t want to do anything permanent right now so I skipped bleaching and just applied the dye over my hair as is.


The first time around I just wanted to see how it worked so I went light on the product, only applying it on the very ends of my hair.  The dye is a very thick consistency with a non-offensive scent.  The bottle says to apply it to shampooed, towel-dried hair, but I just put it over my already washed, styled, and dried hair (having used conditioner the night before and with a very small amount of product in from that morning).  I left it in a little longer than the suggested 20 minutes or so (no harm in that!) then rinsed it out and applied a small amount of conditioner.  Once dried, it was a very faint rose gold tone on me.  I like it, but I also wanted some more pink for Pink Friday!  ;-)


The color is supposed to last 2-10 washes.  My first round was faint and barely visible after washing it the next day.  So I tried round 2 the very next day.  This time I shampooed (skipping conditioner!) and towel-dried my hair, then applied the dye without any other products in my hair.  (Much better!)  I also went about halfway up my hair and added a lot more color.  After about 35 minutes I rinsed it out (skipping conditioner again; it leaves your hair very soft!) and let it air-dry over night.  This time it was very pink!  Without having bleached my hair the Rosé color is definitely a little darker on me, but I love the shade! 


For me the color fades very quickly (the very top picture in this post is from the first day after round 2, and the picture above is the second day), but it’s perfect when I just want fun hair for a few days!

Happy Pink Friday!

~Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. I found your post through Pinterest... thank you for the feedback! I've been wanting to go pink but I'm not brave enough to permanently take the plunge. It looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm sure it'll look great on you!!

      Delete
  2. hi! I know this is such an old post now, but how did you put on the color? with your hands or with a brush? how did you decide how far to go up? I want to do this but am nervous!

    Justine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justine!

      I just used my hands (wear gloves though to avoid staining your skin!) and I did small sections at a time to start so I could decide how far up to go. This color isn't very intense (on my unbleached hair, anyway) so I could go up a little higher than I would if the color were brighter. I went about halfway up (make sure to vary by section so you don't just have a straight line of color) and then I put a lot more dye near the ends so the color would be more intense on lower sections.

      Hope this helps! :-)

      Delete